Having faced umpteen crisis over the years, have developed some thoughts that seem to be consistent to every CRISIS and have helped me overcome most of them
- Always assume that the problem is worse than it appears
- Always assume there are no secrets in the world & that everyone will eventually find out everything. This is particularly true in the corporate world.
- Assume & accept that you and your organization’s handling of the crisis will always be portrayed in the worst possible light
- Assume & accept that there will be changes in people & processes. Also no crisis ever ends without[?] blood on the floor. At times it is bound to be yours
- Accept that you & your organization will survive, ultimately stronger for what happened, maybe separately!